Did you know that Pinterest was the fastest stand alone site ever to reach 10 million monthly unique visitors? Are you using Pinterest for growing your business?
If you are using Pinterest already, here are some tips on how to use it. If you are not using Pinterest…why not?
Here are 5 tips on how to use Pinterest for your business:
- Use your own photos to drive traffic to your site. Let’s say that you are an e-commerce store and your new shipment of Christmas goodies has arrived. Post some of your own photos via Pinterest….vs posting the photos from the distributors site–or your competitions site.
- Follow other Pinners and pin the stuff you like, or the stuff that applies to your business. Just like any form of social media-Pinterest is not only about what you post-its about who you follow. Let’s say, for example that you are a company who sells boots. You might want to pin (from other peoples boards) outfits that your boots would look good with.
- Keep your boards organized. This makes it easy for people to only follow the boards they are most interested in. An example of this would be: Summer Sandals. Your Summer Sandals board would only have Summer Sandals – no winter boots or running shoes.
- Add pricing to your items! If you are an e-commerce store, people want to know the cost. This can help drive traffic to your site, resulting in sales.
- Announce New Products, and Sales by creating a board dedicated to just new products and sale items. Nordstrom does a good job with this: http://pinterest.com/nordstrom/. People are always interested in the latest and greatest, and they always love a good deal!